Frequently Asked Questions

General questions

How can I upgrade my services with Cox Communications?

Your basic cable (channels 1-70) are paid for with your assessment to the SOA.  Cox Communications also offers extended channels, premium channels such as HBO, high speed internet, and phone service.  To add any of these services, please contact the SOA Cox Communications Customer Sales Support at 1-866-940-9519.  For additional Cox Communication phone numbers, such as Technical Support, click here.  

How do I get a vehicle decal for a new car?

Contact the SOA Customer Service at (850) 424-5950 or stop by during business hours.
Monday-Friday 8:00 - 5:00. You will need to provide your vehicle registration in order to recieve the new RFID Electronic Access Decal.

Why can't all owners access the pool at The Beach House (previously Elephant Walk) or other amenities?

The SOA does not own or operate the amenities such as the tennis center, the golf courses, the pool at The Beach House, etc. These amenities are owned and managed by Sandestin Investments, LLC and require club membership. For information on club membership, please contact the Owners Club office at (850) 267-8208.

How do I get a key for my mailbox?

If you recently purchased, you should have received a mailbox key with your house/unit keys. If this did not occur, you may check with your neighborhood association manager or contact the local post office at (850) 269-1186.

Do the SOA assessments cover insurance premium?

A. No. Insurance premiums, if paid through assessments, would be included in your neighborhood association assessment.


Do the SOA assessments pay for my irrigation?

No, assessments do not pay for irrigation. If your property is tied into the SOA irrigation system, you are billed for these charges as a separate item on your quarterly statement.

Where do I mail my neighborhood assessment payment?

  Your neighborhood association assessment should be mailed to your association management company. To find out who your management company is, visit the neighborhood association link under the Community Menu above.


Why do I need ARB approval for new construction & exterior modifications?

To maintain Sandestin’s commitment to quality and consistency within a given area or neighborhood environment, and to create a superior living environment for generations to come through the preservation of the architectural motif and natural character of the community.

Do I need ARB approval for landscaping?

 All exterior modifications, including landscaping, fountains, patios, and statues require an approval from the ARB prior to implementation.

When do I need to submit my project for ARB review?

All submittals should be in the ARB office by close of business on the Monday a week prior to the meeting. Meetings are held every other Wednesday.  See our calendar link for specific dates.  

When will I receive my decision?

The ARB has 60 days from the date of their meeting to render a decision. However, every effort will be made to notify applicants within 5 business days after the decision is made.

How long is my approval good?

For new construction and major modifications, work must commence within one year from the date of the letter.  New construction must be completed within 18 months from the date of the approval letter.  Major modifications must be complete within 12 months from the date of the approval letter.   Minor modification approvals are valid for 90 days and work must be complete within 90 days from the date of the letter.  An extension to these deadlines may be requested by submitting such request to the ARB Administrator in writing prior to the expiration of the approval.


Why do I have to pay a review fee?

This fee covers the cost of consulting services for the architect and landscape architect that review each submittal. 

Why do I have to pay a compliance deposit?

The purpose of the compliance deposit is to provide the ARB with funds to complete the proposed improvement in the event an owner fails to complete construction of the proposed improvements in accordance with the approved plans and specifications, including the approved landscaping, or fails to clean up the construction site.

When will I get my deposit back?

The ARB Compliance Officer will conduct a final inspection to ensure the project is completed as approved. If there are no outstanding fines, a refund check will be sent to the party who originally paid the deposit.

Where can I get a copy of the ARB Guidelines?

A copy of the Guidelines are available to download using the link above or a copy may be picked up at our office during business hours.  We recommend you also check with your neighborhood association documents as some may have specific guidelines that must be followed as well.

Property Services

When is trash pick up?

Trash pick up is everyday!  Please place your bagged household garbage on the curb by 10:00 am each day and our Sanitation crew will be by to pick it up.   If you have boxes to dispose of, please be sure to break them down flat and put them on the curb as well. Please refer to the top of this page for all of the trash pick up guidelines or the Property Services page of the site if viewing these questions from the FAQ page. 

Why is the irrigation running even when it has rained?

The irrigation system in the common area of the community is connected to the Maxicom System.  This system regulates the amount of watering needed in zoned areas based on the plant material and amount of water it has received from the rain.  In some instances, a programming or sensor error may have occurred; therefore, if you see an area that seems to be receiving excessive irrigation, please email and let him know the area so it can be addressed.




Why are people that are not guests allowed to drive to the Village?

The Village is a commercial property just like any other commercial property that was here prior to the opening of the Village. Persons with a valid destination have ALWAYS been allowed access to those properties during their business hours.

Why can't my kids drive my golf cart?

The SOA Golf Cart Policy strictly prohibits the use of golf carts by any person under 16 years of age without a valid drivers license. To view a full copy of the Golf Cart policy, visit our Security Department or Rules and Regulations page.


How do I get an electronic decal for my vehicle?

Owners may pick up the new RFID (Electronic Access Decal) in the SOA office during business hours. (M-F, 8-5)  Please bring your vehicle registration with you as this is now required.  RFID's will only be issued to the property owner of record.  If you have adult children or friends that visit often, please visit the Resident Guest Registration website and register them as a permanent guest. 

How do I tell Security when I am expecting a guest?

Visit the Resident Guest Registration site  (link also available from the home page of this site) and register/log in.  The first time you visit the site you will be required to register using your phone number and your unit number as your pin.  If you recieve an error message, it may be due to our records not having the correct phone number or an alternate number (such as your work or cell) is entered into the field in our database.  Should this occur, click on the email link to Gatekeeper from the site and provide the phone number you would like to use.  Staff will update the records and your access should then work. 

After you successfully register, you will be able to access the site and register expected guests and/or visitors.  Upon your guest's arrival, please have them advise the Security Officer their name and your unit/house number and they will access the information registered.  Please note, they will not be able to view guest information until the actual arrival date entered, so please be sure to enter the correct date or update if the date changes.  

If you don't have access to the internet and you are expecting a guest, you may call (850) 267-5000 and provide the information to our Security Communications Officer available 24 hours a day.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Resident Guest Registration site or process, please contact